Instead of wasting your money at the weekend on booze or a cheeky take-away, why not put that towards buying some shares in Celtic Football Club?
Scroll to the bottom of the page to do just that!
Born out of charity for struggling Irish immigrants in the East End of Glasgow, Celtic Football Club has become one of the world’s most well-known and passionately supported clubs. The Bhoys have dominated Scottish football for decades, emblazoning their influence on British football right down to grassroots level.
Celtic Park is where the masses flock to see their team. Situated in Parkhead, Glasgow, it’s often simply referred to as Paradise amongst fans. The stadium has the largest capacity of any football ground in Scotland, housing over 60,000 people. It is also widely regarded as having one of the best atmospheres in world football and with You’ll Never Walk Alone ringing out around the ground prior to kick-off, it has been known to make even the best players underperform. In recent years, the club has been at the forefront of introducing safe standing. Their successful introduction of rail seating is seen as a shining example of the club’s culture; in which the club and supporters work together, just like back in 1887 at the founding of the club. At the forefront of this supporter culture is The Green Brigade supporters group.
Throughout its history, Celtic has been a very heavily politicized club. Its Catholic origins clash with the Protestant roots of city rivals, Rangers. This derby is one of the most intense on the planet. As well as being neighbours, The Old Firm have dominated Scottish football throughout the majority of its history, only adding to the tensions around their clashes. Whilst the clubs themselves are becoming more open-minded, the views of many supporters are still held fiercely. Celtic regularly show their allegiance to the left, with shows of support for Palestine and the working class in their city. This no doubt stems from the club’s roots of Irish immigration and charity.
The jewel in Celtic’s crown is their 1967 European Cup triumph. A historic night in Lisbon ended with Celtic winning club football’s most prestigious prize, the European Cup. What made it more incredible was that every member of the team was born within 30 miles of Parkhead, with all but one being born within 10. In today’s modern age of commercialism and outrageous transfer fees, it’s hard to comprehend the victory, brought about by manager, Jock Stein. Beating Internazionale 2-1 in the final, that famous night in Lisbon will never be forgotten. Statues of captain, Billy McNeill and legend, Bobby Lennox are still being built around Glasgow to this day.
Once you have opened a share dealing account with Hargreaves Lansdown you can buy shares in Celtic with ease. You just need to follow the simple instructions below. And don’t forget, you can of course cash in and sell up at any time when the markets are open!
Remember, these are not novelty shares, you are buying real shares in a real football club! You can now tell your mates that you’re a shareholder in Celtic! Congratulations!
STEP-BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the free guide to investing information (not necessary but it’s free and worth a look at!)
- Open a free share dealing account (this takes 5 minutes, you must be a UK resident and over 18)
- Having deposited funds, click HERE or click on ‘Share Prices & Stock Markets‘ on the Hargreaves Lansdown website and use the search facility and type CCP and select Celtic plc Ordinary 1p
- Click on the green ‘DEAL NOW’ tab (remember you can only buy shares during weekdays when the markets are open)
- You will then be presented with a deal screen as shown in the example image below. For deal type, select ‘BUY’ and select either the number of shares you want to buy or select ‘pounds sterling’ for the total amount you want to invest. Remember to tick the ‘including charges’ box if you don’t want to spend say more than £20 in total (there is a small transaction fee of £11.95, the rest would be used to buy shares) or leave that box unticked if you are happy to pay the fee on top of the amount of money you want to spend on actual shares.
- Place your deal and wait for your instant confirmation to come through by email.
- You are now a shareholder!
- Keep an eye on your shares and hope your club is successful!